Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock Brian Sharrock is offline

Default Home cinema Interconnects - Query

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article om,
morganash wrote:
My budget is more or less at it's limit tho I realise
good interconnects are very important. Any help would be much
appreciated!

Don't be fooled into thinking 'good interconnects' cost a lot of money.
They don't.

Dave Plowman

I've had good interconnect info off the Logitech site.
Logitech manufacture a range of multi-equipment remote control handsets that
'feature' activities;-
'I want to listen to a CD'; 'I want to watch a terrestrial TV'; 'I want to
listen to a CD on my 5:1 sound system'; etc. etc.
To 'set up' the system, they offer a web-site which asks for your equipment
types (Manufacturer / model) and a series of questions about your
preferences, listen to TV using 5:1?; listen to radio via inbuilt speakers
etc.
The website will return a descriptive interconnection system; (Unit A, skt 1
to Unit C, input 3 ... etc..)
.... and download software into a Logitech handset.

I used the interconnect service to 'stitch together' a Philips TV, Sky+ box,
JVC DVDR with 5:1 amplifiers plus FM radio; .. it was a god-send .... JVC
Scart output to TV Scart 2 ; ..... .
I haven't bought a Logitech handset due to lack of TUITs and I have to
scramble a,amongst different handsets to achieve the correct settings; 'TV
sound mute. ... DVD - ON, Sound = Surround. TV video source - Auxiliary 3;
who's got the DVD's handset?'

But, at least the interconnections are correct and permit me to achieve the
desired effects.

--

Brian