Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Douglass Tim Douglass is offline

Default Motor pulley problems

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:55:26 -0500, spaco
wrote:

You'd have to get the pulley glowing slightly (adding about 800 degrees)
to get it that big, then it would cool enough to bind on the shaft
before getting to the correct point.

Yeah, that's what I found when I played with it a bit. There isn't
enough expansion for a sweated fit. I'm going to get back to work on
it this next week and take the shaft down a bit more. At this point I
only need to go another thou.

Oh, in case anyone is still wondering, that shaft is *hard*. I didn't
expect that on a cheap Chinese motor.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com