Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:02:59 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:
Hey Dan, please throw the dog a bone and give us some cites of the
efficiency of ethanol?

It's about 25% less power dense than Gasoline, right? Should be easy
enough to google up but, cost per mile more important than volume of
product, isn't it?

National Corn Grower's Association
http://www.ncga.com/ethanol/main/energy.htm
"Ethanol opponents frequently cite a study by Cornell University’s Dr.
David Pimentel, who concluded that it takes 70 percent more energy to
produce ethanol than it yields. Pimentel’s findings have been
consistently refuted by USDA and other scientists who say his
methodology uses obsolete data and is fundamentally unsound."

Right, as I showed with a few minutes of analysis below.

Amazing, the USDA thinks ethanol is wonderful. As Hillary might say,
this requires one to suspend disbelief...

So Pimentel contradicts himself and ignores findings in his own papers
(as I cited in my last post), and his peers reject his findings, but you
choose to trust him anyway? Or, am I reading you wrong?

Can we start giving money to farmers please, and stop financing arabs?