Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
[email protected] xhoster@gmail.com is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

Bob Ward wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:23:44 GMT, "Jerry Foster"
wrote:

The chairs were put away and I haven't been able to bring myself to
trust any kind of holder since then, alas.

Jeannie

I don't know the geometry of your chairs, but, in the case of a simple
hammock, the tension on the supports greatly exceeds the weight of
the person in the hammock. How greatly depends on how much the
hammock is allowed to sag.

Jerry

I question your geometry.

I question your trigonometry.

Especially on a simple hammock, where the design requires TWO points
of support. No way can you DOUBLE the user's weight by any kind of
angle trickery.

What is the tangent of 90 degrees?

Xho

this fact.