Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Bob Ward Bob Ward is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 09:26:59 -0700, tt (Charles
Bishop) wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

In alt.fan.cecil-adams Maxwell Lol wrote:
"Tom Gardner" writes:
China can make things real cheap and fast, but they dont believe
in QA departments.
Don't believe it for a minute! The Chinese produce to spec. as good
as anybody, blame the spec. guys and the purchasing customer for not
specifying any QC, that costs extra.
So, Mattel forgot to spec "non-lead paint" on their toys?

No, that was probably there. They just forgot to spec "actually test
that products are within spec". That's why sometimes you'll go to the
Circuit City and buy a box that's supposed to have a router in it, and
get home and discover that it's an old phone book.

Circuit City sells routers? Whoda thunk? I bought mine from Rafael Lumber.
I do need to find a fence guide though and since the router is old, there
doesn't seem to be one.

charles, one word, two meanings, dependent on the trade, bishop

The fence was upgraded to a firewall.