Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Bob Ward Bob Ward is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:23:44 GMT, "Jerry Foster"
wrote:

The chairs were put away and I haven't been able to bring myself to
trust any kind of holder since then, alas.

Jeannie

I don't know the geometry of your chairs, but, in the case of a simple
hammock, the tension on the supports greatly exceeds the weight of
the person in the hammock. How greatly depends on how much the
hammock is allowed to sag.

Jerry

I question your geometry.

Especially on a simple hammock, where the design requires TWO points
of support. No way can you DOUBLE the user's weight by any kind of
angle trickery.