Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Cleaning grease from cables, electronics, metal parts and plasticcomponents

wrote:

Hi everyone !

Does anyone know a technique or product to clean grease from cables,
electronics, metal parts and plastic components ? We receive a lot of
different components from clients, who all use grease. So before we
service the equipment, we have to clean it all, and it takes a lot of
time.

We use Goo Gone, but whatever you cannot wipe with a cloth (like the
inside of the cable's conectors) stays dirty.

I was thinking of somekind of a soaking bath that you leave the
product in or shake it in and just wipe the excess off.

Does this miracle exist ?

Thanks in advance...

I use Windex for most of the electronic cleaning.
it works fine.

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5