Michael Bruss

Default shop generator exhaust

Ecnerwal wrote:
: In article ,
: Michael Bruss wrote:

: Got a new 7500 W generator for the shop and want to put it inside the shop.

: No, you don't. They are loud. You'll be a _lot_ happier if you build a
: "doghouse" for it outside. Less hazardous, too, especially if it's
: gasoline powered.

Yeah, I think I will do the doghouse thing. More work, but it'll be worth
it.

:
: First thought about cutting the exhaust pipe, attaching flexible SS exhaust
: piping which would run up the inside wall and exit the wall fairly high.
: Would have to have stand-offs on the wall and an insulated exit port through
: the wall. Would probably need to put automotive type muffler in series too.

: Something like that can work - you can transition to stovepipe or
: gas-vent pipe to make use of standard materials you can buy at the
: hardware store to get it out of the building safely.

: Your other idea seems pretty iffy - you'll have significant exhaust
: leakage, I think.

: You want a CO detector (one with numeric readout, preferably) in either
: case.

: --
: Cats, Coffee, Chocolate...vices to live by