Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Lundberg Wayne Lundberg is offline

Default Boeing and metrcication question

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
I've seen a few RFQs from Boeing subs showing CAD drawings using the
traditional right-side-up cone indicating the orthographic projection to

be
for standard Imperial ft/inch/lb.

Has anybody seen any RFQs from Boeing calling for metric dimensioning?

Actually, the dimensioning thing is not my concern. But since Boeing flew
his first biplane from Seattle to Alaska to deliver the mail to steamships
going to the orient, they have used ft/lb/hp in the design of their
aircraft. I've heard their technical library which contains info on every
accident, every experiment, every change in design covers at least one acre,
almost as big as the Library of Congress.

To think of having to go in there and edit every experiment, every discovery
to metrics is absolutely absurd if not insane. Why in the world would the
worlds leader in aviation technology give away their power to Airbus and the
like?

In fact... someplace else in this thread I started in several newsgroups,
somebody said airbus designers use ft/lb/hp.

It's not the fasteners nor miles per liters in the common fodder environment
of sheeple, its in the basic design of the stuff we invent and lead the
world in.

Again... why would we in the US convert all our technology into metrics so
the rest of the world will have it easier in copying it?

That's what makes my blood boil. To think that Pelosi or the queen will
force us into metrication by dictum. It's been tried and tried and tried.
But those of us who believe in American supremacy will not bend. Thank God!

OK... got carried away there. Delete last sentence if it offends you.

Wayne