Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair,alt.fan.cecil-adams
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

JR North wrote:
I've got a set of those. You won't get a notice if you buy them in the
store. Gonna run some tests on them Monday, and report back.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Automotive fuses...

Today's mail brought me a Safety Recall notice from Harbor Freight
telling me to stop using, remove any in use, and return the 120 piece
Mini-Blade Automotive Fuse Assortment I'd tacked onto an order I placed
with them a few months ago, because getting 120 fuses for $4.99 seemed
like a good deal. (TOO good a deal I guess...)

snipped

And I just got bit in the ass myself...

Bought a set of drill bits from Princess Auto (Canadian equivilent of Harbor
Freight, methinks) a while back. They seemed to do a good job... that is
until TODAY!

I'm mounting a couple 4 foot fluorescent fixtures in the garage. I needed to
drill a couple holes that would line up with the ceiling joists for some #8
screws. This is really flimsy sheet metal, the holes need aren't too small
or big... maybe 1/8". I even used a punch to mark where I wanted the holes
so the bit wouldn't "wander".

Loaded the bit into my power drill. I started to drill, using one hand on
the drill and one hand to hold the fixture in place. F*@K!$%&@!!!!! Hardly
a mark in the sheet metal and about a half dozen gouges around my left
thumb. The friggen bit *BENT* 90 degrees!!! No it did not break.

HOW in the hell does a hardened drill bit BEND 90 degrees!

Man I'm cheezed off.