Posted to alt.home.repair
Sacramento Dave Sacramento Dave is offline

Default Can I drain my pool?

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have an inground pool in Miami, FL, water table I think is 3 to 4 feet
below grade, the pool is 7 feet deep.

I was told that if I drain the pool it would crack.

However, I need to get it replastered, and now, I am doing major
renovation on the house, and will not be using the pool for another 4
months. I would prefer to not have to buy chlorine, shock, acid, PH, and
run the pump and filter for 8 hours a day for no reason for 4 months.

Can I drain the pool and leave it dry in the mean time?

I think there is a valve at the bottom of the pool for pressure release,
but I am not sure...

Thanks in advance,

MC

What dose the contractor that is going to re-plaster the pool advise? I
know his contract covers is butt 20 deferent ways.