Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Roland Robert Roland is offline

Default Specs that are part English and part metric

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:23:52 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

I'm wondering what other monstrous metric-English combinations are out
there?

Car tyres have metric width and imperial rim diameter. Except some
(rare) American(!) rims, which have metric diameter.

I have heard that the Italian model engine manufacturer Super Tigre
used to use bearings with metric outside diameter and imperial inside
diameter. I have never seen a bearing like that myself, though, so I
can't vouch for the accuracy of this.

Computer monitor size is measured in inches, while the pixel
resolution (dot pitch) is measured in millimeters.
--
RoRo