Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Lundberg Wayne Lundberg is offline

Default New to group

"metalshop" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello all, I am new to this group. I am on some other groups through
Yahoo...not sure if there is much over lap here. I do metal casting
on a hobby level. I have done lost foam, lost wax, greensand, RTV,
and oil bonded sand casting.

Here is a link to my web site which shows my projects:

http://metalshop.homestead.com

Dave

PS: Make sure you check out the riddle.

Interesting site! Welcome to the group even though I am not an official
welcome, just an occasional poster, frequent lurker.

I never heard of lost foam. I have an investment casting setup in my shop
and cast aluminum and bronze from time to time. Use the lost wax method.

I imagine you burn out the foam the same as you would the wax? How do you
maintain a nice slick surface finish without using self skinning urethane
foams?

Wayne
www.pueblaprotocol.com