Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:40:01 -0400, ATP* wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:47:12 -0400, ATP*
wrote:

The major problem with corn based ethanol is the energy input to make a
gallon of ethanol, which is very close to a gallon of fossil fuels.

You'll be providn' a cite for that claim, right?

I can't help but notice that you have dodged this request for a cite.

Land use
issues, corn prices and pollution from agriculture are all just
additional
nails in the coffin, as far as I'm concerned. Let's admit that the whole
program is just a big give away to agribusiness and get moving on other
alternative energy sources, including nuclear.

Call it what you want, I don't care, but when you have to lie and
distort about it to make your points, it weakens your point of view's
credibility.

When you have to include insults and personal attacks in every post,

Sorry, but you have misrepresented me several times by claiming I'm
saying things I have not. And, if you take "lie and distort about it"
to be a "insult and personal attack", it makes me wonder how an actual
insult or personal attack would look.

you
have ZERO credibility. Address the issues, if you can.

I've asked you for a cite. Can you provide one? I asked you how me
growing corn instead of something else is, as you claim, bad for the
environment. I must have missed your substantive response to that
question too.