Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 08:47:12 -0400, ATP* wrote:

The major problem with corn based ethanol is the energy input to make a
gallon of ethanol, which is very close to a gallon of fossil fuels.

You'll be providn' a cite for that claim, right?

Land use
issues, corn prices and pollution from agriculture are all just additional
nails in the coffin, as far as I'm concerned. Let's admit that the whole
program is just a big give away to agribusiness and get moving on other
alternative energy sources, including nuclear.

Call it what you want, I don't care, but when you have to lie and
distort about it to make your points, it weakens your point of view's
credibility.