Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:03:57 -0400, ATP* wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Your reading skills are weak. And, your point of view doesn't
acknowledge this wonderful thing called "market forces". If the price
of corn goes up, people like me who have CRP contracts to not grow
things on viable farmland might just decide it's time to go back to
producing, er, you know, more corn.

Even if the corn is FREE it's a bad deal for the environment.

Right now that land is growing not-corn. Switch to corn, tell me, how
does that hurt the environment? We're still burning (x) amount of fuel,
we're still growing things on (y) amount of land. Just that some of Y
now goes for some of X.

Also, even if
you go back to producing corn, the added demand still increases the price of
corn, assuming the available agricultural land is not unlimited.

Yes, that's what I mentioned about market forces above. Can we please
start giving money to American farmers, instead of arabs?