Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Home cinema Interconnects - Query

morganash wrote:
Hi, I am attempting to set up my first Home Cinema System and need
some advice on connecting up my newly acquired equipment. I should
make it clear I am NEW to this.. and any advice or suggestions will be
taken on board.

My items are : Samsung le3287 LCD TV - new
Samsung DVD HD870 player - new
Panasonic SC-MT1 Home Cinema - 2nd hand

My question/dilemma is how can I ( or is it possible at all..? )

Analogue Dolby Surround soundtracks played from the Samsung into the
TV/VCR (2-channel) inputs on the Panasonic should work, but Dolby
Digital won't (You don't have a digital interconnect between the two
items). You'll have to play Dolby Digital discs on the Panasonic's drive
to get the advantage of that.

--
Adrian C

connect/play the Samsung DVD player through the Panasonic system?.
Obviously I want the benefit of the HDMI on the samsung for picture
clarity ( the Panasonic player only has Scart and S-video outputs.)
and the Dolby 5.1 speakers of the Panasonic. Maybe I need a different/
seperate AV amp? My budget is more or less at it's limit tho I realise
good interconnects are very important. Any help would be much
appreciated! Thanks

--
Adrian C