Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Chris Damico Chris Damico is offline

Default Winery Sign

Dan wrote:
We had them running around the backyard when we lived in central Wisconsin.
That's a pheasant rooster all right. :-) And that's a beautiful piece of
work, Chris.

Thanks Dan. The guy I gave it to really liked it, too.

Is that all hand chisel work? Any power tools? What's the finish? How long
did it take? Is that two boards joined together? What's the dimensions?

All of the larger relief is hand chisel work. I remove bulk with a
router. I also used a dremel for the "scratch detail" on the pheasant
and along the edge. The finish is 2 coats of Minwax poly and 2 coats of
wax. It took about a week start to finish. Yes, it is 2 boards joined
and it ended up about 20" tall and 24" wide.