Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - In Age of High-Tech, Are Americans Losing Touch with DIY Skills?

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:18:04 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I just found out about the deal today, and he's away at college. He took
11
AP classes, though, so he'd be a candidate. He buys lots of books and his
tastes are...eclectic.

"AP" classes?

Advanced Placement. Those are college-level courses you take in high school.
If you get an A, or sometimes a B (depending on the college's requirements)
on a national test after taking the courses, you get college credit for them
and place out of college courses. It saves Dad some money, too.

The NYT article said the free books were going to Advanced Placement
students.

Um, enjoy! titter

Phfft. Some people got no appreciation. d8-)

What, for scratching balls, spitting tobacco goo, and steroids?

What is your mother, a communist? I'll bet she doesn't like hot dogs,
either, right? Very suspicious...

I loved football until they went on strike. I lost interest after
that. (Well, that and the Chargers always losing.)

Football? You mean, 300-pound mutants trying to break each others' knees
while trying to stay out of prison? Oh, there's a great sport. g

Say, Ed. Can you 'splain the price these SnapOn body tools are
fetching on eBay? http://tinyurl.com/33copr thud

'Don't know. I had some good ones 40 years ago and they weren't cheap then.
How does the price compare with the cost of new?

--
Ed Huntress