Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default Measure without tape measure.

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:18:51 -0700, Robatoy
wrote:

No, I haven't. THAT is one temptation I have succussfully fought off.
I have WANTED to......

One of my PA hauling trucks was a 460 powered ex-Penske 14.5' Ford
Hi-cube. These vehicles were famous for (6) plug spark plug
replacements! You COULD NOT get to the middle of the engine! At
least the 351W power trucks could be serviced! However, the 460 Ford
would pass anything but a gas station... 3-4 MPG, empty or loaded!

My other trucks were ex-Ryder rental 22' and 24' bodied GMC 7000 and
Chevy C70, 366 V8 powered (ceramic clutch and all!) trucks that were
amazingly easy to service. Ryder would sell off their 4 year olds,
paint 'em whatever color you wanted and give a 1 year warranty.

I also had a twin-screw 28' Top Kick, but it was a diesel, so the
maintenance was much different.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **