pyotr filipivich

Default Building full-auto weapon

Skipping school, I decide to respond to what Jon Anderson
fosted Mon, 03 May 2004 20:59:34 -0700 in
rec.crafts.metalworking , viz:
"Geo. Anderson" wrote:

When you assemble one.

I'd be careful about that one. Seems to me there's wording to the effect
that owning parts to make something full auto is a no-no.

It is here in Washington state. Expressly in the statue.

A manufacturing license/permit would go a long was towards avoiding
problems.

I do believe one has to be in a state where it's possible to own full
auto firearms to make them. I had an idea once I wanted to try, but was
told by a local gun shop I'd have to move to Nevada to build and test. I
never looked into it beyond that.

That is the other issue. Like I said, in Washington Sate it is illegal to
have a full-auto machine gun in your possession unless you are on duty and
under orders. You can't have parts unless you are a repair or manufacturing
site with a contract to make same (parts or a full auto rifle/machinegun.

Of course as my liberal friend says "What They don't know about, they don't
know about."

--
pyotr filipivich.