Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:34:29 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote

I'll tell you one thing: I'm going to make darned sure I keep my hair cut
short...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a deputy sheriff. He used to have

He said if he retires or takes up another line of work, he might grow
some hair agin. But as long as he is a law enforcement officer, he will
go with a buzz cut.

'Sounds wise to me. When I hear these stories I have to wonder why some
do-gooder group hasn't done PSAs on television showing how your scalp
can get peeled off if your hair is long and it gets caught in something.

Spiro Agnew would have liked those.

I wear my hair long, but if I'm going to be working around moving
machinery, I tie it back and don't dangle it in moving parts.

And I'm very unlikely to get into an altercation with an intoxicated
woman, so I'm fairly safe in that respect. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich