Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - In Age of High-Tech, Are Americans Losing Touch with DIY Skills?

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:46:28 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
news

I read _Atlas Shrugged_ a handful of months ago and thoroughly enjoyed
it. I do have a NYT account and did read the article. It was very
good! The connection to Greenspan was quite interesting, as was the
400k copies of the books given to students annually.

Oops, I meant "as was the fact that 400k copies were given..."

Yes, when I read that I wondered if that's how my son got his copy.

Did you ever ask him?

I received a 99 cent copy of _The Fountainhead_ from an eBayer
yesterday and it's in my reading queue--along with 40 new sci fi books
I got from eBay this month. Not watching any TV sure frees up your
time to read and get projects done.

Good grief, that's a lot of sci fi.

I've learned more sociology from sci fi books than anywhere else.

I'll stick to my Yankees - Red Sox game,
thanks...which I have to get back to right now.

Wasn't it Morris Chestnut on SatNiteLive who said "Baseball be berry,
berry boring to me."? My mother, bless her heart 20 years ago, called
the game the "scratch and spit boys". All she saw were bored,
beer-bellied guys out there; guys who were scratching their balls and
spitting brown goo from their chew while they waited for something
interesting to happen. Y'know, the 98% of the game when a ball -isn't-
in play.

Um, enjoy! titter

--
Who is John Galt?