Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Lundberg Wayne Lundberg is offline

Default Boeing and metrcication question

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:19:06 GMT, "Wayne Lundberg"
wrote:

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
I've seen a few RFQs from Boeing subs showing CAD drawings using the
traditional right-side-up cone indicating the orthographic projection

be
for standard Imperial ft/inch/lb.

Though 3rd angle projection is customary in the US and 1st angle is
more common in Europe and Asia; the choice of one or the other has
nothing to do with the units used. Title blocks include the truncated
cone symbol to eliminate any possibility of ambiguity.

...Mach speed ...

Mach numbers are unitless.

Why would there be a reason for them to go through their whole history

and
library of data from endless successes and failures in order to meet the
world myopic desire to metricate?

A pragmatic recognition of the need to compete in the international
marketplace?

--
Ned Simmons

Ned, have you looked at the engineering manuals that fill wall to wall
libraries... all in the HP, Lbs, Inch doctrine? Why in the world would we
give it all up when we are the leaders in technology, innovation, invention?

The SI is an elitist figment of imagination with zero value in itself. All
SI units have been copied from other knowledge and add nothing of value to
engineering.

Wake up!