Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Voltage at light fitting when light switch off ?

robgraham wrote:

£203 I've just priced that meter at. When you can get a perfectly
adequate meter out of Maplin for a fiver or less, that does somewhat
beggar belief that that amount of money was spent without seemingly
understanding the uses and characteristics of the instrument.

Might explain why in every electronics lab I have worked every new batch
of fluke meters bought seems to have such an alarming rate of
disappearance! If you don't keep them in a locked drawer they grow legs!

I do quite a bit of home electronics and would love to have spare
money to buy quality instruments like that. Actually on the basis
that 'quality' in my book also includes 'value for money' I'm not sure
I would buy one.

Part of the attraction of the fluke meters is that they are nearly idiot
proof - you have to work quite hard to kill one, so they are well suited
to lab use.

--
Cheers,

John.