Posted to alt.home.repair
coffee[_2_] coffee[_2_] is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 05:41:22 -0700, wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw it
happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what unfortunately
went wrong.

I couldnt qoute the original post but wanted to share my story.

I was helping a guy fix his cars rear leaf springs because I had a car
just like it. He asked me to take some vice grips and hold the bolt that
fastens the end of the leaf spring to the back end of the car while he
worked on the front end of the spring. The ends have rubber bushings that
slide into the spring and then a bolt. What happened is that while he was
working on the front end I lost my grip and my finger got sandwiched
between the spring and the housing the retainer bolt is suppose to go thru
on the car body. I nearly took my index finger right off. Off the the
hospital and quite a few stitches later..

You could see clearly right to the exsposed bone before the hospital visit.

Dumb me....

--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534