Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default House upgrades + property tax

on 9/14/2007 11:51 PM JackpipE said the following:
I'm planning to upgrade our house with the following:
- electric panel upgrade from 100 - 200 amps
- replace septic (not sure yet if we'll do it now but in the next 1-5
years)
- add storage shad

Does anyone know it these upgrades will increase my property tax as I
have to get permits from the town? I leave in NJ.

Also my neighbor offered me his nice above ground pool. Any idea how
will the pool affect my property taxes? Does it depend on pool size
and type (above/in ground) ?

Thanks,
Jack

Where I live, upgrades, repairs, or replacements, do not increase taxes.
Most can not be seen, or even show on building plans submitted when the
house was built
Additions do increase taxes, after a new tax assessment.
Sheds and pools may.
All depends upon your local tax office. Check with them.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY