Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Schwartz Tim Schwartz is offline

Default Help needed for transistor cross reference (2SD1835)

Golf wrote:
I am trying to locate an NPN transistor #2SD1835. I did an NTE cross
reference and no luck. I have other components I need to order and am
trying to keep from ordering from more than one supplier to avoid
additional shipping charges. I usually order from Mouser who always
has the NTE part. I tried searching Mouser using the transistor data I
have but got no results. Is this an oddball transistor, or is it a
familiar with a different component number? Thank you for any help.

Hello,

According to the Japanese spec book I've got:

2SD1835 - (NPN)
60V(CBO)
50V(CEO)
2A
750mW
200h(FE)
150MHz(f(T))
compliment to a 2SB1229

I THINK (but am not positive) that the pinout, with the flat side facing
you is:

Emitter - Collector - Base

There is nothing really special about this transistor except it is
rated for rather high current for a tall TO-92 case. On the other hand,
you might be able to use a TO-126 or TO-220 case device if there is room
for one. I think a ZTX-653 would do the job too.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics