Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Expanding on: Measure without tape measure.

On Sep 15, 12:21 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

| HOW many can YOU do? (From Popular Mechanics)

It's an interesting list, more so with the additions that've been
suggested - and I've enjoyed Heinlein's list ever since I began
reading his Lazerus Long books.

To my surprise I've done most of that stuff except extending a
wireless network (mine is already planet-wide - I'm a ham radio
operator), setting up an HDTV (I've never had one to play with), and
dying gallantly.

That last provoked a train of thought that wandered hither and yon,
and ended up with another (to me, at least) somewhat related question:

Reaching back through time to consider those people you for whom you
have the greatest admiration, what skills did they have (or probably
have) in common?

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

My grandmother.

She somehow found the good in everyone she met, regardless of how
little there may have been, and always managed to bring it to the
surface. I've watched her take lives that were spiraling down the
drain and raise them to heights no one would have imagined possible.

I miss her.