Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Fans in Series

Ignoramus29233 wrote:

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:34:49 -0500, Paul wrote:

Ignoramus29233 wrote:

You would save a large amount of time and effort if you buy a 220v
fan. Or you can go with a 12v transformer and a 12v fan, I can give
you a 12v tfansformer, I give 80% probability that I have one.

Iggy

Thanks for the offer but I know I can find some 120 volt fans laying
around, we're always junking obsolete controls at work. There might
even be some 220 volt available.

Your idea to install a fan is a very good one. With a fan, you could
run your motors slowly all day long.

I would recommend getting a small 220 to 110 transformer that could be
run off the three phase and supply 110 to the fans,lighting and your
dro. This would eliminate having two separate power sources coming to
the machine. Most machines use a step down transformer to get 110.
The only thing is make sure the outlets are fused and that you don't
plug in a toaster or some high current device that would overload the
transformer or get a bigger transformer.

John