fred

Default Central Heating Motorised Valve

In article , xtinexoop
writes
Thanks for taking the time to reply

I am going to go and check that the spindle bit is spinning freely and
if it is then I will replace the actuator.

Although I like the idea of only replacing the bits I wouldn't know
where to start...

The actuator is about £45 + VAT which is a still a lot cheaper than
getting the whole thing replaced, as I can do the wiring myself. I
will get the same make to save worrying about the 'fit'.

Anyone recommend a good online source for the actuator? Its an ACT322.

http://www.hav.co.uk/products/potterton_myson.htm 41.34 + vat, you need to swipe the
whole page with the mouse to see the prices, they're black on black. or

Sorry, not an online supplier

http://www.onlineboilerspares.com/ac..._CONTROLS.html 45.00 + vat

but best of all:
http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...Myson_277.html
do the whole valve for 42.50 (if it's the 22mm one, pls chk) so you could buy the whole thing
& swap the head or replace the valve if needs be. If the latter, tell the plumber you're
supplying the parts :-)

Also, this lot may do the head on its own, try calling them, they're always busy, but I've found them
to be a good bunch.

--
fred