Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Trevor Jones Trevor Jones is offline

Default That damned Tool Farie stikes again

Gunner wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:23:35 -0700, wrote:

On Sep 11, 10:31 pm, Gunner wrote:

When I wasnt looking, someone stuck a nasty old cast iron table with 2
drill press thngies mounted on it. in my trailer Both the table and
the drill thingies say Walker-Turner or some such. Each got one of
those 110vt plugs on em.

And while they were at it...they also stuck in something that I dont
recognize. Sorta kinda like a grinder thingy. Name plate says Harig
Tool Cutter Grinder. WTF? Whats a Harig?

And they put all these plastic wrapped thingies...Indexer? In there
with it. There is some sort of accessory thing with an air connection
sticking out of the middle of it..and something with a motor and
belts. The stuff is all oily and shiney inside the plastic. Something
must have leaked.

I suspect that you bought all this stuff yourself. But then,
that would make you a fairy, right?

Dan

Didnt pay a cent for any of it. In fact, I couldnt afford to buy a set
up like that.

Tool and cutter grinders are going the way of the dodo. Inserts are
cheap, fast and consistant and thats the name of the game in
production machine shops.

The fellow that gave this stuff to me, said he couldnt afford to have
them in the shop, as it cost money for someone to make custom tooling
or sharpen tools, that could be purchased right off the shelf in
insert form.

And he is right.

Gunner

Yup. CNC cutter grinders for custom shapes and resharps, if you are
going to bother at all.

Makes a lot of great, versatile grinder available for the hobby guys,
while they last.

Cheers
Trevor Jones