Posted to alt.home.repair

Default House upgrades + property tax

"JackpipE" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm planning to upgrade our house with the following:
- electric panel upgrade from 100 - 200 amps
- replace septic (not sure yet if we'll do it now but in the next 1-5
years)
- add storage shad

Does anyone know it these upgrades will increase my property tax as I
have to get permits from the town? I leave in NJ.

Also my neighbor offered me his nice above ground pool. Any idea how
will the pool affect my property taxes? Does it depend on pool size
and type (above/in ground) ?

I'm in New Jersey as well. Given the financial condition of the state I
wouldn't be surprised if you were received tax increases for all of your
permanent improvements. Usually a storage shed that is not built on a solid
foundation is not taxed and portable above ground pools are usually not
considered improvements. I think where they really zing it to you is when
you add square footage to the living space such as an addition or finished
basement.