Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf Golf is offline

Default Help needed for transistor cross reference

On Sep 15, 4:14 am, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Golf" wrote in message

ups.com...

I am trying to locate an NPN transistor #2SD1835. I did an NTE cross
reference and no luck. I have other components I need to order and am
trying to keep from ordering from more than one supplier to avoid
additional shipping charges. I usually order from Mouser who always
has the NTE part. I tried searching Mouser using the transistor data I
have but got no results. Is this an oddball transistor, or is it a
familiar with a different component number? Thankyou for any help.

According to the data sheet, it's only a little TO92 transistor, allbeit
specced as a 'high current switching' transistor. It appears to be nothing
special, with just general purpose applications stated for it. When I come
across one of these little TO92's that has failed in a 'high current'
application like in part of a power supply regulator or switching the supply
to hifi's CD section or whatever, I just fit whatever comes to hand with a
TO126 (small flatpak) outline. A BD131 is usually good for the job, although
there are plenty of similar 2S series Jap transistors as well. It has the
same E-C-B pinning (with the metal pad away from you, as the TO92 (flat
towards you), and the same pin pitch, so can just drop in the original
holes.

Arfa

Thanks for relpying. I will try this as a sub. Looks like it is more
than capable.