Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default OT - In Age of High-Tech, Are Americans Losing Touch with DIY Skills?

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:35:23 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

wrote in message
roups.com...
On Sep 14, 9:05 pm, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:02:44 -0400, "ATP*"

On a more serious note, I think in many cases the obstacle to doing
things is not a lack of skills, but ignorance of the fact that a given
task is possible with relatively modest and easy to acquire skills.

That right there is what amazes me. I had a co-worker over at my
house and he was amazed at a simple shelf I built to put the microwave
on to free up counter space.

Need to see what he thinks when I cast concrete counter tops.

What does the surface look like when you're done? Do you put colored stones
in them, like terrazzo?

There's a good article on concrete countertops in the November issue
of Fine Homebuilding mag. They suggest using some river sand for the
extra color, though pigment is used to color the concrete.

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.