Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nedturren@nospam.com is offline

Default I want a refund

In 1998 I had the plumbing replaced in my house. Everything was
replaced at a cost of nearly 10 grand. Last summer the house was
destroyed by a tornado. I was able to salvage some of the furnishings
and personal stuff, but the house had to be demolished. After the
storm we put everything we were able to save in a storage shed. We
are finally moving into a new house in a different city. I just moved
all our stored items to our new house and am going thru all the stuff.

I just found the receipt for the plumbing work and started thinking
that they said this plumbing was guaranteed for 20 years. Well, that
was only 9 years ago, and the plumbing completely failed. I believe I
should get a refund for the full amount of the labor and materials.

If this was your situation, would you just contact the company, or
would you file a court case without contacting them?