Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Bridgeport and location of VFD

Ignoramus32529 wrote:
Right now, the VFD on my Bridgeport is located on a self styled "arm"
that pivots around the point where the lifting eye should be bolted,
and is on the right to the mill.

I like this location a lot, HOWEVER, I have a DRO that I plan on
installing shortly, and that location really belongs to the DRO.

So, this leaves a question, where to relocate the VFD. Where is your
VFD mounted (question for Bridgeport owners). I am stil deciding on
whether to mount separate cnotrols or use ones ont he drive, etc.

Mine is mounted on the wall behind the machine.
PS, I also have a braking resistor that I want to install, which is
very large. I think that I will install it far from the VFD in some
inconspicuous location on the mill. It has its own heatsink already.

The resistor is pictured here

Pretty impressive. I used a 100 W vitreous ceramic resistor
mounted vertically next to the VFD. If it gets hot, the heat
goes up and doesn't bother the VFD.

Jon