Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Paul is offline

Default Fans in Series

There's metal content as this will be part of a lathe repower project.

If one were to take two fans, something like square framed heat sink
fans,and stack them one after the other would they act as a 'two stage'
fan, so to speak?

I'm changing my lathe over to a VFD and as the motor will be running at
slower speeds I think extra cooling will be required. There's no 120
VAC on the machine but I can easily get 220 VAC. Yes, I could buy or
scrounge a 220 volt heat sink fan but I'm thinking about wiring two 120
volt fans in series as those are much more common and as long as I was
going to have two I started thinking if stacking them would offer any
advantages.

regards
Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.