Posted to alt.home.repair
Jason Harrison Jason Harrison is offline

Default Reverse Bifold doors: push in to open, pull out to close, where to get handles?

On Sep 14, 6:13 am, "dadiOH" wrote:

Now, instead of sticking out into the kitchen, the door(s) will stick
into the pantry hindering(?) access to the new shelves. I'd use
swinging doors...doors that mount on pivot hinges and swing 180
degrees either in or out.

The original pantry swung to the left and stayed against the wall.
The pantry is like a hallway that opens to the right. So the shelves
start about mid doorway line and continue to the right. Unfortunately
due to alarm box, telecom box, water shut offs, etc, the shelves ended
up too far to the left for the original door to open.

Swinging doors will create an obstacle to entering the pantry and
turning right immediately. That is why we want the bifold door: to
open to the left like the original door, and to avoid blocking
movement to the right inside the pantry.

Thanks for everyone's help -- now I just need to find a recessed
handle.

-Jason