Posted to rec.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Edge joining thin plywood?

Folks --

This question came up while looking at some old project plans. They
were done up using cardboard mockups to get ideas of proportion and
space.

Lots of these used the "sliding card" principle of assembly Notches in
components would all slide and click together and you would get a
useful object from a set of flat parts. The sliding method can wait
for some other day......

What I found was that one idea for a basket/Tub involved joining thin
( 1/4 inch plywood ) I had thought that perhaps it would be better
to fetch in some sheet metal and just pop rivet the edges together.
However, a trip today thru the book store ( we have the school for
american craftsman on the RIT campus ) I noticed one of the displays
had been done using a nice grade of plywood butt jointed together and
fastened with staples.

Any know of a good way to join thin plywood pieces?

--dan