Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - In Age of High-Tech, Are Americans Losing Touch with DIY Skills?

On Sep 14, 1:28 pm, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Sep 14, 1:24 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'll believe it when I see something like the article I clipped from _Boy's
Life_, around 1958 or so, about how to make a 'coon-skin cap. It even
contained patterns for cutting up the 'coon.
Ed Huntress

Couldn't find a racoon so I skinned a porcupine, then a skunk. Neither
one worked out very well...

jw

That is expected.

You likely put the pointy side of the porcupine down and the skunk's
tail was supposed to be on the back of the hat, not the front. ;)

TMT