Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Productivity

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:32:37 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 08:13:20 -0700, Joerg
wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

Joerg wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

flipper wrote:

If you want some really strange looks, try ordering iced tea in
England.

If you want some really strange tastes, try ordering coffee in
England.

Or dinner.

I've had excellent food in Oxford. It was Italian, perpared by
Italians. A little place on the Southern Parade, which is north of the
Northern Parade.

All the Italian restaurants I can think of are run by Italians. I don't think
I've come across a bad one. They care too much about their food to muck it up.

Some of the best food in the world in London- I've had Chinese,
Continental, French, Italian, Iranian etc. You just have to be
prepared to spend 2-3x what you would in most other cities.. so the
price in pounds will be similar numerically to the price in USD or CAD
elsewhere.

It does seem to be the case that you can get fed relatively inexpensively in the
USA but I have seen ppl post links to quite expensive US restaurant menus too.

You can always get a decent dinner for $10-$15 here. It's the beverages
such as beer and wine that can add princely amounts to the tab.

Around here, you can get a superb Thai or Vietnamese or Mexican or
Chinese or Italian dinner, with a beer or a glass of house wine, for
$10-15. Food is cheap in San Francisco, for some reason, roughly half
of what you'd pay in LA or New York.

We also have a smattering of culinary diversity in the US. If we crave
good ol' bangers UK-style all we have to do is go to the "Fox and
Goose", British accent included. "Whut shall it be, lads and lasses?"

We have very little British or Irish food here, and not a lot of real
"meat" places. The House Of Prime Rib is pretty conspicuous, and very
expensive, but it's mostly full of Asian tourists. I do like the
little bistro that (usually) has Kobe beef hamburgers.

John

We can buy ground Kobe beef at AJ's grocery store... hamburgers to die
for ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |