Posted to alt.home.repair
Noozer Noozer is offline

Default Clamping wire in pancake box?

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
The pancake box is designed to be installed on the sheeting, not the
siding. you use a hole saw and cut through the siding material, then mount
the pancake. The surface should be flush with the siding. It is not an
outdoor box, and is not being used as one

Ahh.. Good. That's exactly how it'll work.

I marked where I wanted fixtures and the siding guy installed the proper
"beneath the siding" trim at each location. Once the pancake box is in
place there is a second piece that finishes the trim around the opening in
the siding.