Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Tektronix 2445B Scope Problem , Help needed (Video Included)

" wrote in
ups.com:

the right side PCB is the (IIRC,A5) microprocessor assembly(controls
everything),where the S&H amps and caps are located.That is how the
position and reference voltages are created;a MUXed DA converter and
S&H caps and buffer amps.There are even exerciser routines to check
the range of output voltages from them,as you vary the front panel
controls.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

thanks for the info

i got another problem with 2430A , its got this DALLAS memory+battery
chip (U350 if i recall) , and of course the battery is dead .
the CAL data can't be saved , and you can't find those chips anymore .

is there any other solution ?

I don't have any experience with the 2430 series scopes,so I can't help you
there.Seems that you could possibly find a similar non-integral battery
type IC,and sub that in with it's own backup battery that you can replace.
you can probably find someone with the exact IC stockpiled,maybe that
Canadian company,Sphere.

Regardless,you would have to recal the scope to load new CAL constants into
the memory.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik