Don Bruder

Default Ammonia type refrigerator

In article ,
mastic donttry@thisaddress wrote:

Does anyone out there have any info on diagnosing and repairing an RV,
Ammonia type refrigerator? I have one that obviously has a small leak,
(it stopped cooling and you can smell ammonia), and would like to see
if I can repair it and recharge it. Maybe some links or something?

Thanks in advance.

Possible, but not easy, by all I understand. The ammonia is also
supposed to be accompanied by hydrogen. If you've got a leak that lets
you smell ammonia, bet on your hydrogen being *LONG* gone.

I don't even want to ponder the logistical nightmare of trying to pump
hydrogen into the system and somehow re-seal it...

--
Don Bruder - - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
I respond to Email as quick as humanly possible. If you Email me and get no