Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

Default Wanted someone to repair vintage electronic calculators and databanks

On 14 Sep 2007 06:07:28 GMT (Michael Black)
wrote in Message id: :

Obviously one should do websearches when they bring such things home.
Because it can be surprising how often one can find a manual online,
be it from the manufacturer or some third party. If the item has some
"collector value", chances are even better of finding information, since
people aren't going to bother fixing that $3.99 LCD calculator, but
might find some value in keeping that 1975 calculator going, or that
1976 LED watch.

Which got me wondering
http://www.smartcomputing.com/editor...3E+%3C%2FTD%3E

The first calculator with a microprocessor (Intel 4004 which was also the
first microprocessor) was a Bowmar 910B. I wonder what it's worth? The
only one I could find:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BOWMAR-CALCULATO...QQcmdZViewItem
Not working... But, it might be a good deal if the CPU is still good - in
the past, I've seen 4004 chips go for upwards of $100 USD on Ebay.