Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:32:58 -0400, ATP*
wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message

Sooner we start subsidizing biofuels the better. Let's get the
economies of scale going now, before it's a real crisis.

WRT corn derived ethanol, I think the economies of scale have been going
for
a while. Archer Daniels Midland is just laughing all the way to the bank
with the taxpayer's money, with no net gain to the environment,
considering
the amount of fossil fuels needed to produce and distill the corn.

Sorry, did I seem to restrict my suggestion to just ADM and ethanol? My
bad. I meant it to mean "subsidizing biofuels". Oh look. Just like I
said and you quoted.

Subsidizing biofuels that don't help the environment doesn't make sense.
That's my point.