Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default U - values

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 05:15:42 GMT Keith Dunbar wrote :
Further to previous posts about calculating radiator sizes, my 17th century
timberframed house has been renovated as far as I can tell by replacing all
the old wall materials with rendered breeze blocks. The walls seem to vary
in width in different places, but the minimum seems to be 9 inches,
presumably solid breeze block. My attempts to google for a u value haven't
been very successful. Can anyone suggest a reasonable u value for this
wall construction that I can use in my calculations?

If they are medium density blocks (1400kg/m3), then about 1.5. Aerated
concrete (Thermalite/Celcon, 500kg/m3) about 0.6.