Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro Jethro is offline

Default dead wasp nest and the lingering stench of death!

On 13 Sep, 12:05, Stuart Noble
wrote:
Geoff Berrow wrote:
Fisher contained the following:

If I'm asked to dispose of a nest, if can't persuade the reluctant host to
let the occupants live out their normal span

Yes I had a nest once. I let it be.

I think people imagine the nest getting bigger year on year but IME they
never come back the following year.

I was once told that you should destroy wasps nests in winter, as they
can get re-used in summer ... no idea if it's true. But it meant I
cleaned out this massive 2ft structure that had been built behind the
fascia panels on our house when I replaced the guttering ... it was
quite impressive