Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Productivity

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 03:42:37 +0200, Sjouke Burry
wrote:

Joerg wrote:
JosephKK wrote:

Joerg posted to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic:

Rich Grise wrote:

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:20:56 -0700, Joerg wrote:

flipper wrote:

If you want some really strange looks, try ordering iced tea in
England.

Or ice coffee in the US. My mom tried that, craving her German cup
of "Eiskaffee". The completely puzzled waitress gave her regular
coffee with ice cubes in there ....

Well, isn't that pretty much how you make iced coffee anyway? ;-)

Oh no:

http://www.marions-kochbuch.de/rezept/1299.htm

I don't suppose that you would translate that for us? =-)

Ok, here goes:

Take 1/2 liter of water and 4 coffee measures (don't remember how much
that is, AFAIK more than tea spoons) of grounds and brew a strong
coffee. Sweeten with sugar while still hot. Cool rapidly so the coffee
doesn't increase in bitterness. This can be achieved by using a metal
bowl or pot that is set in cold water. Cool thoroughly in fridge. If in
a hurry you can also make excess coffee in the morning and let that
cool. Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a cocktail glass. Pour
well chilled coffee over that. Beat cream until it solidifies and add a
dab on top of each glass. Sprinkle chocolate powder over the top. Serve
with straw and long spoon.

As for coffee measures (Kafeeloeffel) I found only 58 hits and none had
weight or volume data. Basically you just have to make a strong coffee,
more towards Italian style. Just not the stuff where the spoon doesn't
fall over and you can't sleep the next two nights ;-)

In that case I advise you not to visit me for coffee.....

Good coffee must be _eaten_ with a spoon ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |